Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!


Happy April Fools' Day!  A year ago today, Sean and I announced our engagement.  While not planned that way (to my knowledge), the timing couldn't have been more perfect.  One of the many things I love about Sean is his sense of humor -- much of our relationship centers around laughing together.  I'm still amazed when the two of us can encounter a situation, turn to eachother, share a knowing look, and burst into fits of laughter (we both have such warped senses of humor).  So, when Sean proposed to me on March 31st of last year, I was in a love-induced state when I announced our engagement on April 1st -- some people actually did think it was an April Fools' joke!

What I love about us is that we tend not to take things too seriously.  When we do have disagreements, we often use humor to diffuse what could turn into a heated situation.  Then, there are those times when we're just downright silly -- this happened right around the time of our wedding, when we were running on a lack of sleep and were pushed to the limits with stress.  While I can't remember any specific stories relating to our sillyness, I do know that we became scarily goofy together!

So, I encourage you all to take some time to celebrate today with a joke or two, and always remember to add a little laughter to your day...

No comments:

Post a Comment